Friday, March 9, 2007

ITEM ONE:
Check out this killer fucking writeup for the Plastic Crimewave Sound show tonight in Cleveland at Pat's. Take a minute to read it, as its some of the best music writing I have read in awhile. Steve Krakow has a fucking Doors tattoo! "I maybe gave them up for like 10 years. Then I read that [underground Japanese guitarist] Keiji Haino was once in a Doors cover band. Those first two albums are perfect."
Its a solid read. Do it.

ITEM TWO:
I found myself desperately wanting to hear ZZ Top's "Master of Sparks" last night circa 2AM. My records are back in Ohio presently, and so I got on ye olden soulseek and proceeded to procure a copy of Tres Hombres.
A few minutes later, after hitting play, I fucking remembered that the ENTIRE ZZ Top back catalog got 'remixed' in '87. And by 'remixed' I mean FUCKING SLAUGHTERED! The last thing the endless boogie of '70s Top needs is fucking gated reverb.
Luckily a lil' bit of hunting and I found some vinyl rips and discovered that last year they re-mastered (aka not remixed) Tres Hombres and and Fandango, but the fact that they did the remix in the first place is appalling.
I just wanted to jam 'em shits on my ipod whilest rollin' through the deserts of texas.
Give a dude a break.






1 comment:

Doug said...

Somebody at work was playing Waiting for the Sun the other day and I was taken back to my freshman HS days, staring at lava lamps (seriously, i actually did that a few times). Sounded pretty good after 8 years of living life Doors-free. I'll go with that one, yeah.
Also, Rio Grande Mud, man.